- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. If you regularly take medications in the morning, you may do so with a small amount of water ONLY.
A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
If Dr. Miner or Dr. Weideman has prescribed a preoperative medication for you, please take this medication approximately 45 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment with a small amount of water.
If you have asthma and use an inhaler, please bring your inhaler with you. If you are a diabetic, please bring your insulin and glucometer with you to your surgical appointment.
No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following a surgical procedure that includes intravenous sedation.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, or have recently become pregnant, please notify the office.
If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Miner and/or Dr. Weideman prior to your surgical date for instructions.